3 August 1986
Vice President and General Manager
Mr. Kieran Twomey
Total Number of Rooms
802 rooms consisting of:
- 667 Guestrooms
- 63 Horizon Rooms
- 72 Suites
- 24 Units Residences
Horizon Club Lounge is located on 24th floor and open from 6am to 12midnight.
Kanko Kikaku Sekkisha (KKS) from Japan
- Leese Robertson Freeman Designers Ltd
- Rooms & Public Areas - Wilson & Associates
Landscape Designer / Architect
Bensley Design Studios
History of the Building / Milestones
Majestically situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River with a quarter mile of river frontage, the two-tower property with extensive gardens and two swimming pools serves as an oasis of luxury in the heart of Bangkok.
The only riverside hotel faces the Saphan Taksin skytrain station, provides rapid travel to all parts of the city and has half-hour highway access to the airport.
- Voted the best hotel in Bangkok in Readers’ Choice Awards 2013 by DestinAsian magazine, Asia-Pacific
- CHI, The Spa voted the favourite hotel spa - overseas in Readers' Travel Awards 2012 by Conde Nast Traveller magazine, India
- Voted the third best business hotel in Bangkok in Readers' Poll Awards 2012 by Business Traveller magazine, Asia-Pacific
- Voted in the hot 25 - conference hotels in Asia in Best in Travel Poll 2012 by SmartTravelAsia.com, Hong Kong
- Bangkok best business hotel in The Asset Business Travel Report 2010 by The Asset magazine, Hong Kong
- Voted the third best hotel in Asia-Pacific in Readers’ Choice Awards 2010 by Business Traveller magazine, Germany
- Voted the fourth best hotel in Thailand in 2010 Gold List by Conde Nast Traveler magazine, US
- CHI, The Spa voted second in the top 10 best spas in the world 2010 by Global Traveler magazine, US
Excellent dining choices for all guests, including Thai, Chinese, Italian, Indian and more.
6.30am - 12midnight
NEXT2 Café was named the best buffet restaurant in Bangkok by Bangkok Best Dining & Entertainment for 2009-2010.
6.30pm - 10.30pm
Baldauf Catton Von
Angelini was named the best Italian restaurant in Bangkok by Bangkok Best Dining & Entertainment for 11 consecutive years starting in 1998.
The Chocolate Boutique
Chocolate, cakes and drinks
Located on the 3rd floor of Shangri-La Wing with picture window views over the garden and the Chao Phraya River.
24 hours (Personal trainers on standby from 5am to 11pm)
Two outdoor swimming pools open from 6am to 8pm
Depth: 2.40 m
Width: 12 m
Length: 25 m
Depth: 2.50 m
Can be arranged through Concierge.
Two outdoor roof top tennis courts
An all-purpose area is available for fitness classes, including Zumba, Hi-Lo Aero, Muay Thai, Yoga, Pilates, Stretch and Tone, TRX and Body Conditioning.
Spa and Health Club
Number of Treatment Rooms
7 Double Rooms
4 Single Rooms
1 Garden Suite
10am - 10pm
- CHI Balance
- CHI Hot Stone Massage
- Yin Yang Couples Massage
- Element Vitality
- Sen CHI
- The Refreshing Water Ritual
- Thai Herbal Harmony
- A selection of memorable spa rituals of between 2-5 ½ hours such as Enchanted Journey, CHI Harmony, CHI Ritual, Refreshing Water Revitaliser, Yin Yang Journey, Serenity Ritual and The Sense of Place Ritual
Children play room at Sunday Brunch
Up to 12 years old
Available every Sunday at NEXT2 Café from 11.30am to 3pm
Total Number of Function Rooms
Size of Largest Ballroom
Capacity of Largest Ballroom
600 (Classroom Style)
Signature Celebrations Room on the lobby level provides services and consultations for various celebrating events i.e. weddings, graduation parties, etc., by a team of event specialists.