CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace, enchantment and well-being.
CHI, The Spa, at Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok, was launched in 2004 with a groundbreaking design and spa philosophy. The spa was founded to complement the legendary Shangri-La hospitality, creating a multiple award-winning private utopia.
Treatments include a variety of Asian and Thai options using pressure points, Thai sen or meridian lines, salts, clay, oils and herbs.
CHI, The Spa, Bangkok's awards include:
- 2010 “Top 10 World’s Best Hotel Spas in Asia (ranked 7th)”, Travel + Leisure Magazine, Southeast Asia
- 2010 “Top 10 Best Spas in the World (ranked 2nd)”, Global Traveller Magazine, US
- 2009 “The World’s Top 10 Sexiest Spas” by SpaFinder.com, US
- 2008 "Spa Treatment of the Year", Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards
- 2007 "Top 10 World’s Best Spas in Asia Pacific, Africa and the Middle East", Travel+Leisure Magazine
- 2006 "The Best New Spa", The Ultimate Spa Guide, Singapore
- 2006 "Spa Treatment of the Year", Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards
- 2005 "Urban Spa of the Year", Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards
- 2005 "Spa Interior of the Year", Baccarat AsiaSpa Awards
- 2005 "The Best New Spa", TTG Asia, TTG China, TT Gmice, BTN Asia Pacific, BTN China
- 2005 "Most Luxurious Spas in the World", Forbes.com
In traditional Chinese philosophy, ch’i or “Qi”is the universal life force that governs wellbeing and personal vitality. For good health to be maintained, it is believed that ch’i must flow freely within the body and, when blocked, "dis-ease" and illness follow.
Movement is therefore a key element in releasing blockages. Body massage, exercise, stretching, hydrotherapy, and movement of the mind through relaxation and meditation combine to assist the body's natural renewal and form the basis of the CHI spa philosophy.