Guangzhou, China, 26 July 2013 – Beginning 1 August 2013, Guangzhou will officially become the third city in China to offer foreign travellers 72-hour transit visits without a visa. Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou, the first-choice business hotel in town, presents two room packages for short-stay international travellers from 45 countries.
“With this 72-hour visa-free transit policy adopted, we are confident to see more frequent international travellers stay over Guangzhou for either a business or leisure visit purpose,” says Frank Wen, vice president and hotel general manager. “We understand frequent travellers always face the issue of schedule tightness, especially when they are on business trip. It is rare for them to have the opportunity to discover more while they should. These two new tailor-made packages not only highlight our high in-demand services, but also enable our guests experience Shangri-La’s genuine, heart warming hospitality while they travelling away from home.”
The Business Traveller Choice room package is designed to offer an attentive and personalised level of service to ensure guests’ quality time are well spent. Priced at Rmb1,880 per room per night, it includes the following benefits:
- Minimum two nights’ stay in a Horizon Riverview Room
- Horizon Club privileges, including daily breakfast, all-day beverages, pre-dinner cocktails, private meeting room, late check-out and many more
- Limousine pick-up service from/to the airport per stay
- One hour personal fitness training session at Health Club per stay
- Choice of head and shoulder massage or foot massage for one person at CHI, The Spa per stay
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and wired Internet access
- Complimentary access to the Health Club, featuring a 24-hour gym, indoor lap pool, picturesque outdoor swimming pool and group exercise courses
* Terms and conditions apply.
The other package, Gourmet Indulgence, is specially crafted for guests who always look for travel with pleasure. With Rmb600 dining credit and an exclusive private cooking class, the package allows visitors to load their trip with fun and ease. The package is priced at Rmb1,260 per room per night with below benefits:
- Free upgrade to a Premium Riverview Room
- Complimentary daily buffet breakfast for two adults at WOK TOO Café
- Rmb600 credit at any of the hotel’s food and beverage outlets per stay
- One private cooking class, in which guests can learn a dish, dessert or cocktail from the hotel’s culinary gurus using exclusive recipes and hands-on experience
- Complimentary Wi-Fi and wired Internet access
- Complimentary access to the Health Club, featuring an indoor lap pool, picturesque outdoor swimming pool and group exercise courses
- Complimentary shuttle to the city’s key locations every hour
* Minimum of two nights’ stay. Terms and conditions apply.
Both packages are valid until 31 December 2013. Price is subject to a 15 per cent service charge. For reservations or enquiries, please call (86 20) 8917 8088 or send an e-mail to email@example.com.
Shangri-La Hotel, Guangzhou is strategically located in the city’s new business and commercial district. It is adjacent to the Canton Fair complex and has easy access to a host of major attractions and nearby transportation. Overlooking the Pearl River, the hotel is known as an urban oasis offering 704 spacious rooms and suites, and 26 serviced apartments. Eight stylish restaurants and bars cultivate an authentic ambience for exploring dynamic culinary arts, while a backyard putting green allows for a friendly golf practice session of “approach and putt.” A total of 6,000 square metres of meeting and banqueting venues featuring two majestic ballrooms, eight function rooms and a 100-seat auditorium cater to events of any scale. In addition, the signature CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La blends traditional Asian healing philosophies with modern-day luxury to create an experience of pure indulgence and spiritual revitalisation.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operates over 95 hotels with a room inventory of over 40,000. Shangri-La hotels are five-star deluxe properties featuring extensive luxury facilities and services. Shangri-La hotels are located in Australia, Canada, mainland China, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sultanate of Oman, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia and Sri Lanka. For more information, please visit www.shangri-la.com