Love it or loathe it, the durian season has started. Aficionados of the thorny fruit can make a beeline for the pungent wonder at “all you can eat” durian sessions at Golden Sands Resort, Penang. The fruit - native to Balik Pulau, the rural heartland of Penang – is part of an accommodation offer available at the resort from 1 May to 30 November 2013. Datuk Jimmy Choo, the “King of Footwear” to royalty and celebrities and Tourism Ambassador of Malaysia, is an ardent fan of durian, Malaysia’s “King of Fruits.”
When an invitation was extended to Datuk Jimmy Choo to inspect this season’s bumper harvest in Penang, his birthplace, he enthusiastically accepted and
revealed a craving for the fruit when abroad.
With the Durian Package, guests can enjoy popular varieties of durian such as the Red Prawn, Hor Lor, Kung Poh, Ang Bak and Musang King at an “all you can eat” session.
Golden Sands Resort, Penang Durian Package Room Rates
Superior Hill View Room : MYR 600
Deluxe Sea Facing Room : MYR 760
Executive Sea View Room : MYR 870
- Daily breakfast buffet at Garden Café for two
- One three-course set lunch at Garden Café for two
Terms and Conditions:
- A three-night minimum stay is required.
- Daily room rates are subject to 10 per cent service charge and 6 per cent government tax.
- The durian session is applicable for two people, from 3pm to 5 p.m., on the second day of the stay.
- All benefits are on a per room, per stay basis.
- At Golden Sands Resort, Penang a daily surcharge of MYR 200 is applicable to the third person.
- The third person surcharge includes an extra bed, breakfast,one set lunch and one durian session.
To book the Durian Package, please call the Reservations Department at (604 ) 888 8888 or e-mail email@example.com.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, one of the world's premier hotel companies, currently owns and/or manages more than 90 hotels under the Shangri-La brand with a room inventory of over 38,000. Over four decades the group has established its brand hallmark of 'hospitality from the heart'. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in Mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar and Sri Lanka. For more information and reservations, please contact a travel professional or access the website at www.shangri-la.com