Being a member of our local community, and the guardian of French historical heritage, we are committed to helping.
We continuously strive to have a positive impact on the lives of the people around us.
• Our employees participate in the Odyssea Run which raises funds to fight breast cancer
• We promote professional inclusion for women in the workplace, in partnership with Des Étoiles et des Femmes charity, by welcoming interns as part of their training or career change
• Culinary support during winter season: since 2019, every Thursday between October and March, our team prepares meals for 200 people in need which is distributed by our partner Restos du Coeur
At Shangri-La Paris, we are committed to do our part to slow down global warming by integrating sustainability measures into our operations.
• We have mandated re-usable water bottles for our partners and colleagues to reduce the use of single use plastic bottles and cups in the workplace.
• To encourage pollination and to positively impact the environment, the hotel has set up two beehives on the hotel rooftop
• In partnership with Clean the World, we gather used hygiene products that are then recycled
• We reduce our impact and reduce our carbon footprint through waste sorting in partnership with Take a Waste
We are committed to raise awareness for sustainable food sourcing.
• We have been one of the first Palace Hotels in Paris, to introduce the monthly dinner series "Green Dinners", promoting vegetarian fine dining cuisine
• Our Executive Chef Christophe Moret supports local suppliers with short delivery routes, allowing his cuisine to source seasonal, fresh and mostly local produce
As per Shangri-La's values, we constantly ensure to provide an excellent work environment to our colleagues.
• We believe in the importance of gender equality. At Shangri-La Paris, 50% of the hotel's leadership team are women
• Diversity and Inclusion are key pillars of our success. Over 30 nationalities are represented amongst our work force, and we are incredibly proud to count over 17 colleagues with disabilities as part of our team
• Personal and professional development is at the forefront of Shangri-La's culture, and we are supporting each colleague's career aspirations with Shangri-La Academy which includes more than 200 videos and audio courses
We have a strict zero tolerance policy regarding the adherence to health and safety rules in order to guarantee a safe environment for our customers and colleagues.
• Our establishment complies with HACCP standards
• Mandatory hygiene training for staff handling food
• Regular crisis training for the optimal protection of our guests
• Through our Shangri-La Cares program we are committed to providing an environment which guarantees comfort and well-being for our guests and colleagues