Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok operates complimentary shuttle boat and van services to provide guests with easy access to Bangkok’s shopping complexes and night market in the downtown area and on the banks of the Chao Phraya River.
Life on the Chao Phraya River has been the focal point of Thai life for hundreds of years and many of the most fascinating sites of Bangkok can be appreciated along this major river of Thailand, which makes staying at the riverfront Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok ideal. When it comes to shopping, Bangkok offers myriad shopping choices to visiting guests, from the world famous Thai silk and handcrafted products to jewelry, antiques, clothing and accessories, leather products, and branded luxury goods. Two of which, Asiatique and River City, are located riverside with convenient access through the hotel’s shuttle services operating daily from 10 a.m. until 10 p.m.:
- The shuttle boat leaves from the NEXT2 pier for River City every 30 minutes between 10 a.m. and 5 p.m., and for Asiatique The Riverfront every 60 minutes between 5 p.m. and 10 p.m.
- Complimentary shuttle van to two major shopping malls in the city – Siam Paragon and MBK Centre - is available three times a day at 10 a.m., noon and 2 p.m.
River City is located alongside the Chao Phraya River on the Si Phraya Pier. The shopping complex showcases Thai art and culture from over 100 art and antique shops with antique such as Buddha images, gold ornaments, porcelains, silver, sculptures and wood carvings from China, Burma, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam and Thailand.
Asiatique The Riverfront, the latest and largest lifestyle shopping venue in Asia, was once a trade centre during King Rama V’s reign (1868-1910). The complex for shopping, dining and extravagant shows under the “festival market and living museum” concept, offers more than 1,500 boutiques and a selection of restaurants that bring world cultures together on the picturesque riverfront complex.
With a convenient prime location on the famous River of Kings, business and leisure guests of the hotel can spend a night out or relax during the day in the city through other transportation options, including:
- A half- or full-day long-tail boat tour organised through the hotel’s Concierge Counter
- The Chao Phraya express taxi service or public river bus, which stops at 21 piers along the river
- A “skytrain” service to major shopping areas including the famous Chatuchak Weekend Market, Jim Thompson Museum and Patpong night market, with the Saphan Taksin Station located only a few steps from the entrance to the hotel’s Krungthep Wing
The hotel’s limousine and van services with complimentary Wi‑Fi service, available for one-way and hourly services in and out of the Bangkok metropolitan area
Shangri-La Hotel, Bangkok is situated on the banks of the Chao Phraya River. The two-tower property, with direct skytrain access, offers guests extensive conveniences while they stay in elegant surroundings. Distinctive guestrooms, two lobbies, a wide choice of restaurants and outstanding recreation and health facilities including CHI, The Spa, the hotel group’s first signature spa brand, are among the hotel’s attractive features.
Director of Communications
香港を拠点とするシャングリ･ラ ホテルズ＆リゾーツは、「シャングリ･ラ」のブランド名で現在80軒以上のホテルを世界で所有・運営し、総客室数34,000以上を有する、世界有数のホテルグループです。シャングリ・ラ ホテルは、5つ星のデラックスホテルで、高範囲にわたる高級施設やサービスを提供しています。シャングリ・ラ ホテルは、オーストラリア、カナダ、中国、フィージー、フランス、香港、インド、インドネシア、日本、マレーシア、モルジブ、フィリピン、シンガポール、オマーン、台湾、タイ、トルコおよびアラブ首長国連邦に所在しています。現在当グループは、中国、インド、モンゴル、フィリピン、カタール、スリランカ、イギリスでプロジェクトが進行中です。ご予約やご質問等は各旅行代理店、またはwww.shangri-la.com/jp/