Toll-Free 1 866 565 5050
Shangri-La Hotel, Chengdu
This offer includes:
- 2 nights in a Deluxe River View Room with Panda theme set up (book in advance)
- Daily breakfast (for a maximum of 2 adults and 2 children)
- Round-trip transportation service to Dujiangyan Panda Base (approximately 1.5 hours)
- Round-trip transportation service between hotel and airport
- Late check-out, until 4 pm
- Internet and Wi-Fi service
- Use of the Health Club and swimming pool
Panda volunteer experience for 2 persons includes:
- Visit to the panda center and watch the cute pandas up-close
- Split bamboo and clean the panda’s house as an honorary feeder
- Make panda food - Wowotou - and feed the panda
- A duty meal with the panda keepers at the center
- Visit the panda rescue center and watch a panda movie
- Obtain a Panda Volunteer Certificate
- Visit bamboo forests and Panda kitchen donated by Shangri-La
For safety reasons, children under the age of 9 are not be able to participate in the above “Split bamboo and clean the panda’s house as an honorary feeder". Instead, they will be "panda scientific research assistant": visiting the Panda Rescue Exhibition Hall under the guidance of the instructor, and learning the living habits of Panda.
Guests participating in the "panda volunteer" project should be physically healthy and capable of providing physical work. It is required to sign and strictly abide by the "Dujiangyan Panda Base Safety Agreement for Panda Volunteer " and "Safety Operation Rules for Panda Feeders".
As panda volunteers are public welfare activities, the number of participants is limited every day. After purchasing, please contact the Hotel Reservation (028) 8409 7777 at least 3 days in advance to make an appointment for the panda volunteer experience. The final reservation is confirmed by the hotel reservation department.
If there’s additional "panda volunteers", please book in advance. The participation fee is RMB 900 per person.