Tender Grilled Baby Abalone
- 1 pc abalone
- 20g fennel
- 20g shallots, finely sliced
- 2g chives, finely chopped
- 100g carrots
- 2g curry powder
- 5g garlic cloves, peeled
- 2g thyme leaves
- 1 pc lemon
- 10g butter
- 150ml cream
- Olive oil
- Rock salt with egg white
- Remove core from the fennel and shave fennel very thinly. Set aside in lemon water.
- Slowly fry 2g of the sliced shallots in oil until crisp, set aside.
- Peel carrots and dice to average size.
- Heat butter in a warm pan until foaming and add shallots, garlic and thyme. Gently sautée until soft.
- Add diced carrots and curry powder, gently sautée until all ingredients are well-mixed.
- Add the cream, salt and pepper and lightly simmer until carrots are soft.
- When done, blend all ingredients and pass through a strainer, cool and set aside.
- Mix rock salt with egg white and combine.
- Lightly season the abalone with salt, pepper and olive oil. Lightly char.
- Mix shaved fennel with chives, sliced shallots and season with lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Gently heat the curry sauce and add stock if necessary.
- Place sea salt mix into serving dish and place shell on top.
- Add grilled abalone to shell and place a teaspoon of sauce over the abalone.
- Arrange a small amount of fennel salad over the abalone and garnish with crispy fried shallots.
Back to Recipe List