CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La, draws inspiration from the origins of the Shangri-La legend, a place of personal peace, enchantment and well-being.
CHI, The Spa, offers an award-winning sanctuary of tranquillity. CHI features a range of massages, spa treatments and facial therapies based on Asian healing traditions and philosophies, and has won numerous awards, including:
- 2011 "Best Spa Concept" by SpaChina Awards
- 2011 That's Shanghai "Best Hotel Spa"
- 2010 Hotels China Award "Hotel Spa Top 5"
- 2009 SpaFinder Readers Poll "Best Spa in China"
- 2007 Baccarat AsiaSpa Award "Spa Treatment of the Year" CHI Jade Journey
- 2006 Baccarat AsiaSpa "Interior Design of the Year"
- 2006 Forbes.com "World's Top Hotel Spas"
In traditional Chinese philosophy, ch'i or "Qi" is the universal life force that governs well-being and personal vitality. For good health to be maintained, it is believed that ch'i must flow freely within the body and, when blocked, "dis-ease" and illness follow.
Movement is therefore a key element in releasing blockages. Body massage, exercise, stretching, hydrotherapy, and movement of the mind through relaxation and meditation combine to assist the body's natural renewal and form the basis of the CHI spa philosophy.