The Flying Catch Restaurant
- 150g Potato
- 80g Flour
- 1no Egg
- 2 g Salt
- 20g Parma Ham
- 30g Sweet Peas
- 60g Ricotta Cheese
- 5 pcs Basil Leaves
- 100g Pumpkin
- 200g Chicken Stock
- 60ml Olive Oil
- Boil the potato till very soft.
- Drain the water and put into a mixing bowl.
- Use a fork to mash the potato and add in the flour and egg.
- Knead well until becomes smooth like pasta dough.
- Roll the dough into 3/4 dowels into 1 inch.
- Flick pieces off of fork and drop these pieces into boiling water and cook until they float (about 1 minute).
- Meanwhile, continue with remaining dough, forming dowels, cutting into 1-inch pieces and flicking off of fork.
- As gnocchi float to top of boiling water, remove them and place in ice bath.
- Continue until all have been cooled off. Let sit several minutes in bath and drain from ice and water.
- Toss with 1/2 cup canola oil and store covered in refrigerator.
- For the pumpkin sauce, cut the pumpkin into small pieces.
- Put the pumpkin and chicken stock together and simmer the pumpkin until soft.
- Transfer to a blender and blend until smooth and add in seasoning.
- As for the Parma ham, bake it in the oven until crispy.
- Before serving, slightly pan-fry the gnocchi in olive oil. Pour the pumpkin sauce into a pasta plate and put the gnocchi on.
- Then arrange a few spoons of ricotta cheese and sweet peas around it. Garnish with the Parma ham and some basil leaves. Drizzle some extra virgin olive oil around and then serve.
Back to Recipe List