In his pursuit of excellence, the Executive Chinese Chef at Summer Palace, Chef Leung Yu King, selects only the freshest produce to highlight the full and unique flavour of each ingredient. He places emphasis on aroma, colour, taste, texture and contrast, which results in a distinctive flavour in his dishes compared to conventional Cantonese cuisine. Chef Leung leads guests in his way of Michelin-Starred culinary experience and curates “Chef Leung’s Tasting Menu” in which he only picks the best seasonal produce for his gastronomic creations.
Highlights of the journey:
“Braised bird’s nest dumpling in crab coral sauce" - the quality bird’s nest from Indonesia is wrapped in an egg white wrapping, and then steamed with the crab coral sauce, which releases the aroma of the crab roes even further;
"Pan-fried diced Japanese Kumamoto wagyu beef with fresh lily bulbs and Maitake mushrooms in a crispy nest” - the exquisite pan-fried wagyu beef is made with amazingly marbled A4 Kumamoto wagyu beef, where fat is evenly distributed throughout the meat. The jet-fresh Maitake from Yunnan contains a high protein content, is low in fat and it is very rich in nutrition, with the aroma of the Maitake elevating the dish to the next level;
“Stewed egg fried rice with whole abalone and diced chicken” -- Chef Leung picked six-headed Australian abalone for the dish which is braised in the signature abalone sauce for hours. The fried rice is then fried with diced chicken, conpoy and diced mushrooms, then eventually stewed in abalone sauce to keep the moisture and abalone flavours in it.
Chef Leung’s Tasting Menu
- Summer palace appetizer trio
- Braised bird’s nest dumpling in crab coral sauce
- Fried egg white and fresh milk with diced scallops and crispy goji berries
- Pan-fried diced Japanese Kumamoto wagyu beef with fresh lily bulbs and Maitake mushrooms in a crispy nest
- Braised morel mushrooms with bamboo fungus rolled asparagus in pumpkin sauce
- Stewed egg fried rice with whole abalone and diced chicken
- Summer palace dessert sampler
The menu is priced at HKD 1,380 per person.
This offer is available from 17 Mar 2020 through 31 Dec 2020.