Port Louis is the capital city and main port of Mauritius, established in 1735. The city is surrounded by the Port Louis Moka mountain range, and features a number of charming, historical buildings.
The main tourist attractions in Port Louis include the Caudan Waterfront, the Post Office, Port Louis Bazaar, the Police Barracks, Mauritian Chinatown and the old Port Louis theatre.
There are three museums in the capital: the Blue Penny Museum, the Mauritius Natural History Museum, and the Mauritius Stamp Museum.
Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park
The Crocodile & Giant Tortoises Park is home to various species of animals and plants. The park is set in a beautiful rainforest valley, with natural freshwater springs teeming with fish.
The park’s guides will lead you on a walk through lush greenery, where banana and palm trees, and giant bamboo provide shade for the thousands of Nile crocodiles and tortoises. A guide is included in the price of your visit.
Experience a unique, first-hand encounter with the giant tortoises, and enjoy a rare opportunity to feed, pet, and play with them. At the mini zoo of Mauritian fauna, you will find mammals and reptiles including skinks, geckos, turtles, bats, deer, mongooses and monkeys, as well as domestic livestock such as pigs, goats, fat-tailed sheep and donkeys.
Don’t miss the park’s rare collection of butterflies and other brightly-colored insects (23,000 species in total!), which is one of the most fascinating in the world.
The Jungle Adventure Playground offers fun activities for children, while the Hungry Crocodile Restaurant offers a selection of snacks, local Mauritian and international dishes – and a chance to taste crocodile meat!
This nature and adventure park is located by Rempart Mountain in the southwest of the island, and offers magnificent views of the Mauritian countryside.
The park includes four themed ‘kingdoms’ – Safari, Nature, Mountain and Water – as well as a hub for discovery and learning.
- Safari Kingdom: Quad biking, Photo Safari, Big Cats, Elephants, and Giraffes.
- Nature Kingdom: Aviary, Canopy Park and Animal Show.
- Mountain Kingdom: Canyoning, Via Ferrata, Zip-lining, Climbing Wall
- Water Kingdom: Wave Pool, Tobogganing (for children and adults), Lagoon and River (artificial).
- Discovery Centre: Learn about the natural science and history of Mauritius through giant 3D maps and a 4D cinema.
- A visit to the park will take around three hours.
Helicopter Sight-Seeing Tour of Mauritius
This exclusive helicopter tour offers a breathtaking experience of Mauritius from the air, with views of its sparkling coastline, lagoons, coral islands, and sugar cane fields. Treat yourself, your friends and family, to an unforgettable day, which is sure to be one of the highlights of your holiday in Mauritius.
- Enjoy a fully customized, private helicopter tour.
- The pilot will guide and inform you about Mauritian history, geography, and sites of interest as you fly.
- Guests can choose between 30-minute, 45-minute and 60-minute tours.
- The fleet comprises only modern helicopters, each with a seating capacity of 4 passengers.
- Experienced pilots are trained according to global safety standards.
- The tour can depart from a helipad nearby or at your place of accommodation. This service is offered at an additional charge.