Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong celebrates 32 years of service excellence in June 2013. To make it an occasion to remember and to give guests even more reasons to celebrate this milestone, the hotel will run a series of promotions from 1 to 30 June 2013. Guests can participate in the exclusive “Culinary World Tour Passport” campaign, enjoy special dining discounts at Café Kool, as well as unique dishes and vintage wines from the 1981 menus at selected restaurants and bar.
“Culinary World Tour Passport”
In honour of the hotel’s 32nd anniversary, the hotel unveils the “Culinary World Tour Passport” – a stamp-collecting campaign that encourages gourmets to make a gastronomic trip to all of the hotel’s restaurants, bar and lounge. They will receive stamps to redeem prizes, such as a free special meal or a complimentary stay in one of the pre-selected Shangri-La hotels of the guest’s choice. The campaign includes two stamp-collecting campaigns:
Primary Stamp Collection: From 1 to 30 June 2013, diners will be awarded a stamp in the passport when they order a specific set or item while dining at any of the hotel’s restaurants, bar and lounge. Only two stamps from the same outlet can get guests an instant reward, such as a free dinner at the Michelin two-star Shang Palace, a free semi-buffet lunch at Angelini, free tempura or beef amiyaki set dinner at Nadaman and more.
Premier Stamps Collection: Between 1 and 30 June 2013, guests who visit all five participating restaurants and bar – Shang Palace, Angelini, Café Kool, Nadaman and Tapas Bar – will receive a stamp when they patronize and meet the specific requirements. A completed passport with all five stamps will entitle guests to a free two-night weekend stay in one of the pre-selected Shangri-La hotels of the guest’s choice. The highlights of the pre-selected hotels include Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo; Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza, Taipei; Shangri-La’s Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia and more.
Terms and Conditions:
- Only one stamp will be issued per party per meal.
- Guests must present their culinary world tour passports and collect stamps during their visit to each restaurant. Late collection of stamps will not be entertained.
- The passport must be presented at time of prize redemption.
- This offer is not valid with any other credit card or membership discount or gift certificate.
- Guests must redeem their primary rewards between 1 June and 30 September 2013 and their premier rewards between 6 July and 29 December 2013. Late redemptions will not be entertained.
- Advanced reservations are required and subject to the restaurant’s availability and confirmation.
- Stamps will not be issued on Father’s Day, 16 June 2013.
- Other terms and conditions apply.
The following terms and conditions apply only for Premier Rewards:
- Guests can select from the list of selected Shangri-La hotels and enjoy a complimentary two-night stay in a specific room type, including all taxes but excluding daily breakfast.
- Airline tickets are not included.
- Blackout dates, as printed on the complimentary room certificate, apply.
- Other terms and conditions, as printed on the complimentary room certificate, apply.
Special Dining Discounts at Café Kool
During the whole month of June, all birthday or wedding anniversary bookings enjoy a 32 per cent discount on lunch or dinner buffets at Café Kool.
This privilege is applicable to food consumption at lunch and dinner buffets only and for groups of 2 to 12 persons per booking, including the birthday guest. This offer cannot be enjoyed along with other discounts, privileges or other gift certificates. The offer is not applicable on Father’s Day, 16 June 2013. Advanced reservation is required and subject to the hotel’s availability and confirmation. Guests are required to present proof of birth month or wedding anniversary month upon bill settlement. Other terms and conditions apply.
The Taste of 1981
This June also marks the 32nd anniversary of the Michelin two-star Shang Palace and the award-winning Nadaman. The team of chefs at the two restaurants invite diners to take a stroll down memory lane and recall the tastes of the by-gone era with classic dishes from the original 1981 menu of Shang Palace and old-time favourites from Nadaman. Tapas Bar will also deliver a rare choice of vintage 1981 wines available in limited quantities.
The vast array of classic dishes at Shang Palace re-interpreted by Executive Chinese Chef Mok Kit Keung includes Traditional Stewed Fish Head Served in Casserole, Traditional Stewed Duck Served in Clay Pot, Steamed Boneless Chicken Stuffed with Shrimp Paste in Crab Roe Sauce, Deep-Fried Garoupa Fillet in Sweet and Sour Sauce, Steamed Bean Curd Roll wrapped with Sliced Chicken and Pork Tendon, Steamed Bun with Roasted Pork Belly and Taro, Steamed Minced Beef Ball with Peas and many more.
Traditional choices available at Nadaman range from Simmered Sea Bream Head with Burdock in Traditional Style to Cold Beef Tataki with Ginger Soya Sauce, Grilled King Prawn, Deep-Fried Marinated Chicken Fillet and many more.
Wine connoisseurs can look forward to Viura, Viña Tondonia Crianza, Lopez de Heredia, Rioja, Spain 1981; Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Château Haut Bailly, Bordeaux, France 1981; Corvina, Amarone della Valpolicella Classico, Bertani, Veneto, Italy 1981; and Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc, Château d’Yquem, Sauternes, France 1981 at Tapas Bar.
For details or reservations, please call (852) 2733 8988.