- 180g U.S. beef tenderloin
- 4g garlic
- 8g rosemary, fresh
- 1pc Red onion, whole
- 50ml olive oil
- 125ml red wine
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 75ml brown gravy sauce
- 50g duck liver Rougie
- 120g mashed potato
- 1 red apple, mashed
- 30g butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the sauce
- Sauté the onion, garlic, cloves and rosemary with butter.
- Add red wine
and reduce until the alcohol evaporates, then add beef jus.
- Season with salt, pepper, nutmeg and a little sugar. Reduce until sauce thickens. When ready, strain with a fine sieve.
For the beef
- Marinate the
beef tenderloin with salt, pepper, garlic and rosemary.
- Grill the
tenderloin so as to make diamond-shaped grill marks. (See tips for cooking
For the apple
- Put the butter in a pan with the rosemary. Cook for 1 minute until the flavour of the rosemary has infused the butter. Remove rosemary and add the mashed apple, mashed potato, parmesan cheese, and nutmeg. Season with salt and pepper. Mix all ingredients until smooth.
For the roasted onion
- Cut the red onion in quarters. Season with salt, pepper, rosemary and olive oil. Wrap everything in aluminium foil. Cook in the oven for 25 minutes at 180°C.
- Put the apple
mashed potato in the middle of the plate.
- Arrange 3
pieces of roasted onion on the potato.
- Place the
grilled tenderloin on top.
- Pour the sauce over the beef.
- Sear the duck
liver and place on top.
- Garnish with fresh rosemary.
- Internal cooking temperatures for the beef as follows:
<40°c for rare; 41°c-50°c for medium rare; 51°c-60°c for medium; 61°c to
70°c for medium well and >70°c for well done.
- Finish cooking in the grill for rare to medium or in
the oven for medium to well done.
Back to Recipe List