Smoked and baked Atlantic cod
- 160g Atlantic cod
- 55g cauliflower
- 40g green asparagus
- 30g violet potatoes
- 1g saffron
- 15g honey
- 8ml lemon juice
- 30g butter
- 10g onion
- 6g carrots
- 4g leeks
- 4g celery
- 10ml white wine
- 2g ginger
- 2g garlic
- 1g star anise
- 10ml olive oil
- 2g thyme
- Black pepper powder
For the foam
- 20g foie gras
- 40ml whipping cream
- 1g agar agar
For the garnish
- 15g Sakura mix
- 4g chives
- 4g chervil
For smoking the fish
- Wood chips
- Orange zest
- Star anise
- To smoke the fish (cold smoking method)
- Soak the wood chips overnight in water and drain.
- Light the wooden chips with the star anise and orange zest.
- Place the fish in the smoking machine and leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove fish and cover, refrigerate.
To prepare the ingredients
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets.
- Chop onions, carrots, leeks and celery into small brunoises along with ginger and garlic.
- Cut the asparagus into spears and discard the stems. Blanch the asparagus tips.
- Mix the honey and lemon juice together.
- Peel the potatoes and slice paper-thin. Deep fry at low temperature.
For the fish
- Brush the honey-lemon marinade on the fish and bake the fish in an oven for 180°C for 7 minutes. Baste the fish with melted butter and the marinade at regular intervals.
- Sauté the onion, celery, leek, carrot, ginger and garlic in olive oil over a low flame. Add thyme and cauliflower and continue sautéing. Add saffron.
- Deglaze with white wine (add a little water if needed). Add remaining butter along with the seasoning and cover with aluminium foil. Continue cooking until the cauliflower is soft.
For the foie gras cloud
- Cut the foie gras into small cubes and melt in a pan over a low flame.
- Mix agar agar powder with a small amount of water and add to the melted foie gras.
- While warm, blend the mixture with a hand blender.
- Collect the foam.
- Crush the cooked cauliflower with a fork and arrange on a plate with the asparagus tips.
- Place the fish on top of the cauliflower and give a final glaze with honey mixture.
- Pour the foie gras foam over the fish.
- Garnish with sakura mix and fresh herbs. Serve with fried potatoes.
Back to Recipe List