Ingredients (serves for 5)
- 2kg oxtail, washed
- 4l water
- 200g onion, sliced
- 100g carrot, sliced
- 100g celery, sliced
- 40g nutmeg, crushed
- 5 pcs, cloves
- A pinch of salt and pepper
For complement ingredients
- 150g potato, diced and boiled
- 150g carrot, diced and boiled
- 60g tomato, sliced
- 40g leek, sliced
- To prepare the stock, sautee onion, carrot, celery until the aroma released and pour into boiling water.
- Add oxtail, nutmeg and clove, season with salt and pepper and simmer for 2 hours.
- Strain the stock and separate the tender cooked oxtail.
- Serve with complement ingredients.
- As Indonesian likes it, serve with green chilli paste, melinjo (gnemon) crackers and lime.
Back to Recipe List