TO PARTICIPATE, YOU MUST BE IN A CITY WITH A SHANGRI-LA HOTEL OR RESORT DURING THE CONTEST PERIOD TO TAKE A PHOTOGRAPH AND OTHERWISE BE ELIGIBLE AS SET OUT HEREIN. NO PURCHASE OR BOOKING NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR BOOKING DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS NOT OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF QUEBEC (CANADA). VOID WHERE PROHIBITED, AND VOID IN AFGHANISTAN, BOLIVIA, BRAZIL, EL SALVADOR, GUATEMALA, CENTRAL AFRICAN REPUBLIC, DEMOCRATIC REPUBLIC OF THE CONGO, NORTH KOREA, IRAN, IRAQ, LIBYA, SOMOLIA, SOUTH SUDAN, SUDAN, AND YEMEN.
The Contest is operated and sponsored by Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited (the “Company”). By entering the Contest, you have fully understood and agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions.
This Contest takes place online through the Instagram application (“Instagram”), the Weibo application (“Weibo”), and the Contest Website as provided herein. The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Weibo. Instagram and Weibo are completely released from all liability by each participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Company.
Start / End Dates
- The Contest starts on 15 July 2019 at 12:00 P.M. Hong Kong Time (“HKT”) and ends on 10 January 2020 at 11:59 P.M. (HKT) (the “Contest Period”). During the Contest Period, there will be six (6) separate and distinct Monthly Entry Periods as set out below. For a chance to win a prize, a Submission must be received between 12:00 A.M. HKT and 11:59 P.M. HKT during each applicable Monthly Entry Period except for the first Monthly Entry Period which begins at 12 P.M. (HKT). LIMIT: A maximum of ten (10) Submissions per person and per email address/account per Monthly Entry Period will be considered for entry into the Contest.
- The sole determinant of time for the purposes of this Contest, including receipt of a valid Submission (defined below), will be the Contest computer servers (“Contest computers”). Proof of transmission (screenshots or captures, etc.) or attempted transmission does not constitute proof of delivery or receipt by the Contest computers or Company. Company is not responsible for any Submissions that are late or not received.
MONTHLY ENTRY PERIODS (“Monthly Entry Periods”):
- July 15, 2019 to August 10, 2019. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on August 15, 2019.
- August 11, 2019 to September 10, 2019. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on September 15, 2019.
- September 11, 2019 to October 10, 2019. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on October 15, 2019.
- October 11, 2019 to November 10, 2019. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on November 15, 2019.
- November 11, 2019 to December 10, 2019. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on December 15, 2019.
- December 11, 2019 to January 10, 2020. Selected entrant for that Monthly Entry Period will be announced on January 15, 2020.
GRAND PRIZE ENTRY PERIOD:
Winners of each of the Monthly Entry Periods will be eligible for the Grand Prize entry.
Who can Enter
- To be eligible to participate, you must be in a city with a Shangri-La Hotel or Resort in order to take a photograph during the Contest Period. The Contest is ONLY open to legal residents of their country/territory of residence and who are at least the age of majority (or 18 years of age if there is no statutory age of majority) in such country/territory as of the date of their Submission to the Contest (“Eligible Persons”). Proof of eligibility may be required by the Company. This Contest is not open to residents of Quebec, Canada. Void where prohibited, and void in Afghanistan, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of the Congo, North Korea, Iran, Iraq, Lebanon, Libya, Somalia, South Sudan, Sudan, and Yemen.
- Employees, officers and directors of the members of the Company, its agents, representatives, franchisees, affiliates and subsidiaries (collectively, the “Shangri-La Group”) and their affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies and members of their respective immediate families or those with whom they are domiciled, are not eligible to enter the Contest. In these Terms and Conditions, “immediate family” means mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters, legal or common-law spouse, regardless of where they reside. Groups, clubs, organizations, businesses and commercial and non-commercial entities cannot participate. All decisions of Company are final and binding.
How to Enter
- No purchase or booking necessary. To enter the Contest, during the Contest Period, take a photograph of your special ‘Shangri-la moment’ (“photograph”) and upload it via one of the following methods :-
- (For residents of China) via Weibo: Create or log onto your Weibo account and post the photograph with the hashtag #我的香格里拉#, and tag account @香格里拉酒店集团. Please make sure that the “Share with” option is set to “Public” before posting the photograph;
- (For residents of the rest of the world) via Instagram: Create or log onto your Instagram account and post the photograph with the hashtag #myshangrila, and tag account @shangrilahotels. Please make sure that the “Private Account” option in your account privacy settings is set to be “OFF” before posting the photograph; or
- (For residents of China and the rest of the world) via the Contest Website: register and upload the photograph onto the Contest Website at www.shangri-la.com/myshangrila (the “Contest Website”). Include a description of why this is your Shangri-La moment.
The Company may contact entrants to verify their Instagram or Weibo hashtag Submission was a Submission and to verify permission to repost the Submission on the Contest Website. If permission to repost is not granted or the Submission is not verified, it may be disqualified.
Company will not verify receipt of Submissions. Submissions that are late, lost, stolen, undelivered, illegible, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, mutilated, garbled or incomplete, altered or otherwise irregular, generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means, that have been submitted through illicit means or by any means which subvert the Submission process or that do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions set out in the Terms and Conditions will be void. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Submissions by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's Submissions and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated program to enter will result in disqualification.
- All Submission information and photographs shall be collectively referred to as the “Submissions” or each a “Submission”. By submitting a Submission, entrants acknowledge that they have read and understood these Terms and Conditions, and agreed to abide and be bound by them, and the decisions of Company, including their decisions regarding the interpretation and application of these Terms and Conditions, made in its sole and absolute discretion, which shall be final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Contest and the awarding of prizes.
- For Submissions made via Weibo or Instagram, to be considered a valid Submission, entrants shall keep their Submissions posted online for the duration of the applicable Monthly Entry Period. If the entrant deletes a Submission from their account before the end of the applicable Monthly Entry Period, that Submission may be deemed void and ineligible for a prize.
- If you opt to use Weibo or Instagram via your wireless mobile device (which may only be available via participating wireless carriers and is not required to enter the Contest), standard text messaging and/or data rates may apply for each message sent or received from your handset according to the terms and conditions of your services agreement with your wireless carrier. Other charges may apply (such as normal airtime and carrier charges) and may appear on your mobile phone bill or be deducted from your prepaid account balance. Wireless carriers' rate plans may vary, and you should contact your wireless carrier for more information on messaging rate plans and charges relating to your participation in this Contest.
Submission Guidelines and Content Restrictions
- To qualify for the Contest, the photographs must be taken:
- by you personally during the Contest Period;
- at a Shangri-La Hotel or Resort that the entrant visits during the Contest Period (no purchase or booking necessary); or
- in a city with a Shangri-La Hotel or Resort.
Photographs may be edited but hotels / destinations (e.g. recognizable city features) may not be altered.
LIMIT: A maximum of ten (10) Submissions per person and per email address/account per Monthly Entry Period will be considered for entry into the Contest. However, each entrant shall only be eligible for a maximum of 1 Monthly Prize per Monthly Entry Period. An entrant may only use one (1) Instagram account or one (1) Weibo account to participate in the Contest, and such account may only be used by one (1) person regardless of whether the account is shared by two (2) or more people. Any person who is found to have entered the Contest with more than one (1) account may be disqualified and all such Submissions received by such person during the Contest Period may be disqualified, and the prize won may be forfeited in the Company’s sole discretion. All incomplete or non-conforming Submissions and their entrants may be disqualified.
Each Submission shall conform to the following content restrictions (“Content Restrictions”), failing which shall result in immediate disqualification and removal from the Contest in the Company’s sole and absolute discretion:-
- Your photograph and Submission must be original to you and you must have all necessary rights in and to the photograph for the purposes of the Contest. Your photograph must be your original creation and each Submission must be unique. For the avoidance of any doubt, your photograph cannot be something that you have copied or downloaded (e.g. from the worldwide web, stock photography or otherwise), and must not be a modification, enhancement or alteration of a third party’s pre-existing work;
- It is your sole responsibility to make sure that the person(s) depicted in your photograph have given their explicit consent for the photograph to be submitted/uploaded in the Contest and that no copyrights are violated by submitting your Submission. Company may reject or remove any submitted photograph if it believes in its sole discretion that such required consent has not been collected. You are required to have each person featured in the photograph complete a Consent Form and provide this to Company or its agencies upon request;
- The Submission must not contain material that violates or infringes the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person;
- The Submission must not contain material that is inappropriate, indecent, obscene hateful, tortious, defamatory, slanderous or libelous (including without limitation nudity, violence, obscenity, profanity, pornography, illegal activity or anything offensive in nature);
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination of any kind;
- The Submission must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of or contrary to any applicable laws and regulations;
- The Submission must not contain material that promotes illegal drugs or firearms (or the use of any of the foregoing), or any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
- The Submission must not depict the Shangri-La Group in any way that would constitute trade disparagement or defamation, contain any negative statements about the Shangri-La Group or its services or amenities, or defame or contain negative statements about any of the Shangri-La Group’s guests and/or visitors;
- The Submission must be consistent with the image and values of the Company and be consistent with and satisfy the purpose of the Contest;
- The Submission must not have been submitted previously in a promotion or contest of any kind or exhibited or displayed publicly through any means prior to the Contest;
- The Submission must not contain commercial content or promotions for any products or services other than products and services of Company; and
- The Submission must not contain any identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos, other than those of Company (e.g. any buildings, products appearing in your Submission must not contain any visible logos, trademarks or other third party materials unless the appropriate consents have been obtained --- NOTE: all identifiable third party products, trademarks, brands and/or logos for which consent has not been obtained by the entrant must be blurred out so as to be unrecognizable).
Warranties and Representations
Determination of Winners
The following process will be used to determine the winning Submission.
- During each Monthly Entry Period, Submissions will be judged by a panel of judges selected by the Company, which may include members of the Company’s marketing team and its advertising and promotional agencies (“the Brand Council”). The Brand Council consists of a panel of judges, who will assess the Submissions according to the criteria outlined below. Scores will then be compiled for a collected average score. For the Grand Prize judging, the Brand Council will judge the 18 Monthly Prize Winners per the method above.
- All Submissions will be judged at the sole and absolute discretion of the Brand Council according to the following criteria in equal measure: (i) quality, meaning the brightness and evenness of illumination, contrast, resolution, geometry and colour; (ii) creativity, meaning the artistic interpretation; and (iii) uniqueness, meaning unlike anything else and originality. Each Submission will be given a score for each criteria as well as a total overall score.
- By submitting a Submission, entrants agree to abide by this process of winner selection and the Brand Council’s decision, which is final and binding in all matters related to the Contest, and the awarding of a prize.
There are nineteen (19) prizes available to be won, which consists of eighteen (18) Monthly Prizes and one (1) Grand Prize, as described herein.
Odds of winning a prize depend on the number and quality of eligible Submissions received.
Monthly Prize Winners
- For each Monthly Entry Period, there shall be three (3) winners of the Monthly Prizes (each a “Monthly Prize Winner”).
- Each “Monthly Prize” consists of 10,000 Golden Circle Points, the approximate retail value is US$1,000 dining credit in our participating bars and restaurants and it may be used to redeem other Golden Circle awards such as complimentary nights at Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts.
Golden Circle Terms and Conditions apply – click here for more information
- The three Submissions during each Monthly Entry Period judged by the Brand Council with the highest overall score shall be eligible for a Monthly Prize. In the event of a tie, the Submissions involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional judge of the Senior Management of the Company who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Submissions according to the criteria listed above.
Monthly Prize Winner
- To claim prizes involving Golden Circle Award Points, winners must be members of Golden Circle. If winners are not existing members of Golden Circle, they may sign up as new members for free via the below link.
Golden Circle Enrollment Form
Grand Prize Winner
- At the end of the Contest Period, there shall be one (1) selected entrant to be the potential winner of the Grand Prize. The Submission judged by the Brand Council with the highest overall score among the Monthly Prize Winners during the entire Contest Period shall be eligible to receive the Grand Prize (the “Grand Prize Winner”). In the event of a tie, the Submissions involved in the tie will be re-judged by an additional judge of the Senior Management of the Company who will serve as a tiebreaker and who will evaluate tied Submissions according to the criteria listed above.
- The Grand Prize shall consist of the below. The approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is up to US$8000; however the actual retail value will depend on travel origin, dates of travel and hotel accommodation. The maximum total retail value of the prize to be awarded for the Grand Prize shall not exceed US$8000. Grand Prize Winner may bring one (1) guest. All trip details, including flight bookings, hotel reservations and ground transportation shall be made by Company or Company’s agent, and shall be at sole and absolute discretion of Company. The selected entrant must advise Company no later than sixty (60) days prior to the intended date of travel of the name, address and other details for both him/herself and his/her guest. In the event that the prize winner does not provide this information to Company by this deadline, the prize will be forfeited and not awarded and Company will have no further obligation to the prize winner :-
- Two (2) economy class return flights, booked by the Company (air carrier, departure city and arrival city are at the sole and absolute discretion of Company), departing from the international airport closest to the winner’s residence as designated by Company arriving at the international airport closest to the city where the Hotel of Choice (as hereinafter defined) is located; If winner resides within a 100-mile radius of trip destination, Company reserves the right to provide ground transportation in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value;
- A consecutive 2-night stay at the Hotel of Choice (as defined below) for two (2) persons in a standard double room (or such other class to be determined by the Company or the Hotel of Choice at the time of booking or on arrival);
- Two (2) buffet breakfasts (one per person) and a choice of two (2) meals (lunch or dinner up to the value of US$150 per person, per meal) at designated restaurants at the Hotel of Choice; and
- Airport pick-up and drop-off between the airport closest to the Hotel of Choice and the Hotel of Choice for two (2) persons.
- For the Grand Prize, the Grand Prize Winner shall be entitled to choose a hotel of choice at one of the following Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts (the “Hotel of Choice”) :
- Shangri-La Hotel, Qinhuangdao; China
- Shangri-La Resort, Shangri-La, Diqing; China
- Jing An Shangri-La, West Shanghai; China
- Shangri-La’s Hambantota Golf Resort and Spa; Sri Lanka
- Shangri-La Rasa Ria Resort & Spa, Kota Kinabalu; Malaysia
- Shangri-La Singapore; Singapore
- Shangri-La’s Far Eastern Plaza Hotel; Taipei
- Shangri-La Barr Al Jissah Resort & Spa, Muscat; Sultanate of Oman
- Shangri-La Bosphorus, Istanbul; Turkey, or
- Shangri-La Hotel, Toronto, Canada.
- The prize must be completed before the 30th of December, 2020 and must be booked at least sixty (60) days prior to intended travel dates.
- Ground transportation, transfers from the Grand Prize Winner’s home to the airport, baggage costs, in-flight purchases, internet charges, meals not described above, personal expenses such as mini-bar, room service, photographs, internet access, telephone charges, laundry services, souvenirs, incidentals, taxes and gratuities are not included. NOTE: Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest may be required to present a valid major credit card at the time of hotel check-in to cover any incidental expenses.
- Travel Guest Eligibility. The travel guest of the prize winner (the “guest”) must: (i) be a legal resident of his or her territory of residence and (ii) have reached the age of majority in their province/territory of residence at the time of the Grand Prize Winner’s Submission to the Contest unless the Grand Prize Winner is the guest’s parent or guardian. Each Guest (or the Grand Prize Winner as parent/guardian if applicable) must sign and return the Travel Guest Release of Liability and Publicity Release Form (the "Guest Prize Form”) by the date indicated on the Guest Prize Form indicating, among other things, that he/she waives all recourse against the Releasees (as defined below) relating to his/her participation (or his/her child’s participation if applicable) in the Prize and/or related activities (including, without limitation, any travel related thereto).
- The Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must provide proper legal identification to leave and re-enter their country of residence, and must be in possession of valid passports (valid for six (6) months past the return date). The Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest accept full responsibility for obtaining these documents at their sole expense. It is recommended that the Grand Prize Winner and guest obtain sufficient personal insurance including medical insurance, prior to departure. The Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest must be able to legally enter the applicable foreign country and must travel together and on the same itinerary. Company is not liable if the Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest are refused access to a plane, entry into any country, or re-entry into his/her home country. If travel is delayed, impeded, cancelled or refused by any authority or for any reason, Prize may be forfeited (in whole or in part) and Grand Prize Winner and/or his/her guest will be responsible for any additional expenses incurred. Once airline tickets are purchased and/or issued: (i) all tickets are nontransferable, non-refundable and not redeemable for cash; and (ii) the guest, travel dates, origin and destination cannot be changed. Lost tickets will not be replaced. The Grand Prize may be forfeited if travel does not take place once tickets are purchased and/or issued. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Air transportation and hotel accommodations are subject to availability. Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary and are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents prior to travel. Flight schedules are subject to change without notice. Releasees (as defined below) are not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions specified thereon.
- All prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged into cash and other forms of credit unless otherwise provided. Each prize is subject to its own set of terms and conditions. In particular, redemption of the Grand Prize shall be subject to a fixed redemption period, availability and blackout dates depending on the destination and time of booking, and documentary proof of their city of residence to the Company’s satisfaction. Prizes are provided "as is" without further representation, warranty or guarantee of any kind, express or implied. In no event shall Company be obligated to award any of the prizes should it determine, in its sole and absolute discretion, that the Submissions are unsatisfactory. In the event any element of any prize becomes unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of Company, Company shall provide a substitute prize selected in its sole discretion. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes and other fees associated with prize receipt and use. No other substitution, assignment or transfer of prizes permitted, except by Company in its sole discretion.
- Total approximate retail value of all prizes: US$26,000.
- By entering the Contest, you agree for us to feature your photograph on our Contest Website www.shangri-la.com/myshangrila and you agree :-
- (in respect of Submissions made via Weibo or Instagram) to grant to the Company a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, re-post and/or feature the Submissions, and your Weibo or Instagram account names (as the case may be) and likeness on all platforms and media and in all formats, on a worldwide basis and in perpetuity, (and the right to sub-license and assign) for the purposes of implementing the Contest, product and brand marketing and promotions of the Shangri-La Group and/or all commercial purposes;
- (in respect of Submissions made via the Contest Website) to give the Company a royalty-free, irrevocable, non-exclusive licence to use, reproduce, modify, publish, create derivative works from, and display such Submissions in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis and in perpetuity, and to incorporate it into other works, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed (and the right to sub-license and assign) for the purposes of implementing the Contest, product and brand marketing and promotions of the Shangri-La Group and/or all commercial purposes;
- that the Company dealing with your Submissions in any way that may otherwise violate or infringe your moral rights, and you agree not to assert your moral rights (if any) in respect of your Submissions against the Company or its assigns, licensees or successors; and
- as noted above in this section and the notification section above, that you shall execute all such documents and take such other steps as may from time to time be necessary for the purposes above.
Conditions, Limitations and Liabilities
- The Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Weibo. Instagram and Weibo are completely released from all liability by each participant in this Contest. Any questions, comments or complaints regarding the Contest must be directed to the Company and not Instagram or Weibo.
- In no event shall more prizes be awarded than the number of each type stated in the “Prizes” section above.
- The Contest and all prizes are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied.
- By entering the Contest, you agree to release, hold harmless and indemnify the Company, its advertising and promotion agencies, the Brand Council, and any member of the Shangri-La Group, Instagram, Weibo or other party in any way involved in the development or administration of this Contest, including suppliers of materials or services related to the Contest and all of their respective shareholders, directors, officers, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns (the “Releasees”) for all losses, costs, damages or claims arising as a result of or in connection with your Submissions, participation of the Contest, judging of Submissions, the awarding, accepting, arranging or use of the prizes, non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions or any applicable laws and regulations and/or violation or infringement of any third party rights.
- Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, the Releasees are not responsible for and expressly disclaim any and all liability associated with (i) the incorrect or inaccurate capture of Submission information, including communication failures or human error that may occur in the receipt or processing of Submissions, or for destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, Submissions and/or any submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Terms and Condition; (ii) late, lost, stolen, contain false information, damaged, misdirected, garbled or incomplete Submissions, transmissions or transactions, those that are altered or otherwise irregular, have been submitted through illicit means or do not conform with or satisfy any or all of the conditions of the Terms and Conditions; (iii) any loss, damage, or claims caused by, or in any way related to an awarded Prize or the Contest itself; (iv) any problems or technical malfunctions, including failure of servers, hardware or software transmission, errors, omissions, interruptions, communication failures, including any malfunctions of the Instagram, Weibo or the Contest Website or any operations or transmission of information during the Contest Period, including, without limitation, any problems, human or technical, errors, lost, delayed, garbled or corrupted data or transmissions, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects or failures of any telephone, communication or transmission lines, technical malfunctions of any computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, hardware or software, failure of any e-mail or Submission to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Contest Website, or any combination thereof including, without limitation, any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participating in or downloading any material connected to the Contest, all of which may affect a person’s ability to participate in the Contest; (v) any errors, omissions, incorrect or inaccurate information in any Contest-related materials, including, without limitation, printing or advertising errors or the failure of or problems with any equipment or programming associated with or used in the Contest howsoever caused; (vi) the security or privacy of information transmitted via computer networks or for breaches of privacy due to interference by third party computer "hackers" or otherwise; (vii) any claims regarding the judging of Submissions, or the awarding, accepting arranging or use of the Prizes; or (viii) electronic communications which are undeliverable as a result of any form of active or passive filtering of any kind. Submission material/data that has been tampered with or altered is void.
- Releasees shall not be liable : -
- for exercising the Company’s rights under these Terms and Conditions or as otherwise permitted by law, if the Contest cannot take place or if any prize cannot be awarded or redeemed due to causes beyond its control or otherwise not allowed under the applicable laws and regulations;
- for technical malfunctions, errors or failure of any kind, lost Submissions, lost or unavailable network connections, Contest Website, internet or ISP availability, or failed, incomplete or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Contest, including any damage to any computer relating to or resulting from participating in the Contest; and
- for damages or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or punitive damages.
Reservation of Rights
- The Company reserves the right to, at its sole and absolute discretion and without any prior notice whatsoever :-
- cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend the Contest or amend or substitute any of these Terms and Conditions at any time and for any reason, including without limitation where the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Contest shall be corrupted or affected by virus, bugs, fraud or other causes beyond its control, or the receipt of an insufficient number of Submissions; and/or
- disqualify any entrant or Submission for any reason, including without limitation for non-compliance with these Terms and Conditions, tampering with the Submission process or the operation of the Contest, attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest by cheating, hacking, deception or other unfair playing practices, acting in an unsportsmanlike manner or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Company representatives. ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE THE CONTEST WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, COMPANY WILL DISQUALIFY ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL AND RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES AND OTHER REMEDIES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, AND TO BAN OR DISQUALIFY AN ENTRANT FROM THIS AND FUTURE CONTEST. All materials submitted become the property of Company and will not be returned.
- In case of Submissions made via Weibo or Instagram, in the event of any dispute as to the person making the Submission, the authorized account holder of the Weibo or Instagram account used to make the Submission shall be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” is defined as the person who is assigned an account or email address by the provider. Eligible entrants may be required to provide proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the account or email address associated with the selected Submission to be confirmed a winner.
- In the event that the operation of the Contest or any part thereof (a) shall require any prior approval, consent and/or permit from any competent authorities of any jurisdictions; and/or (b) under these Terms and Conditions (as may be amended or substituted from time to time) shall be contrary to any applicable laws and regulations of any jurisdictions, the relevant jurisdictions shall automatically be excluded from the Contest and no entrants of such jurisdictions shall be eligible to enter into the Contest.
- The Company’s decisions are final and binding in all matters relating to the Contest.
Disputes and Governing Law
- All entrants and winners waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with the Contest and these Terms and Conditions.
- These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Hong Kong.
- Any dispute, controversy, difference or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest and these Terms and Conditions shall be referred to and finally resolved by arbitration under the UNCITRAL Arbitration Rules in force when the notice of arbitration is submitted. The law of this arbitration clause shall be Hong Kong law. The appointing authority shall be the Hong Kong International Arbitration Centre. The place of arbitration shall be Hong Kong. The number of arbitrators shall be one.
- Entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prizes awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in English.
Use of Data
- For a list of winners (available after 1st of February 2020), send a self-addressed, stamped, business size (#10) envelope before 1 August 2020 to: Brand Department, Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited, 28/F Kerry Centre, 683 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong or visit the Contest Website www.shangri-la.com/myshangrila/.
Translations; Terms and Conditions Govern
- These Terms and Conditions shall be in English only, which language shall prevail, govern and control in all aspects, and all translated versions of these Terms and Conditions in any other language shall be for reference only and shall not be binding. In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the English version and any translated version, the English version shall prevail.
- In the event of any discrepancy or inconsistency between the Terms and Conditions and disclosures or other statements contained in any Contest related materials, the Terms and Conditions shall prevail, govern and control.
- Shangri-La International Hotel Management Limited.