Shenyang Imperial Palace
The Shenyang Imperial Palace is the only existing royal palace in China outside of Beijing's Forbidden City. The main structure was built in 1625, when Nurhachi, the founding emperor of the Qing Dynasty (1644-1911), was in power. It was finished in 1636 by his son Huang Taiji. Displays include paintings, calligraphy, pottery, sculptures and lacquer ware.
Fuling Tomb (East Tomb)
Fuling Tomb is the mausoleum of emperor Nurhachi (1559-1626) and his empress. It is a well-preserved tomb complex of the Qing Dynasty and a listed UNESCO World Heritage Site, which covers an area of 194,800 square meters (about 48 acres).
Zhaoling Tomb (North Tomb)
Zhaoling Tomb, in Beiling Park, is the mausoleum of emperor Huang Taiji and his empress Bo'erjijite. As the tomb lies to the north of Shenyang, it is usually called Beiling (North Tomb). Its total area is 4.5 million square meters (1,112 acres).
Huang Taiji was the eighth son of Nurhachi, a great leader who established the Later Jin State and laid the foundation of the Qing Dynasty.
Former Residence of General Chang Hsueh-liang
General Chang Hsueh-liang was the son of Fengxi warlord Chang Tso-lin. His former residence was built in 1914 and covers an area of 3.6 hectares. The complex has four courtyards, which combine traditional Chinese, European and Japanese architectural styles.