Malaysian celebrity chef and Food Ambassador of Malaysia, Datuk Redzuawan Ismail or popularly known as Chef Wan launched a durian shack at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa and Golden Sands Resort recently. The durian shack was built complete with rotating ceiling fans, durian shelf display, durian cabinet, picnic tables and a wash sink. There is also a permanent signboard extolling the virtues of durians as well as highlighting durian food taboos. The entire project cost both resorts RM 6, 000 and is believed to be the first durian shack within resort properties in Penang.
Durian aficionados of the thorny fruit can make a beeline for the pungent wonder at “all you can eat” durian sessions at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang and the adjacent Golden Sands Resort, Penang. The fruit – native to Balik Pulau, the rural heartland of Penang – is part of an accommodation offer available at the resorts which started from 1 May and is ongoing until 30 November 2013.
With the Durian Package, guests can enjoy popular varieties of durian such as the Red Prawn, Hor Lor, Kung Poh, Ang Bak and Musang King at an “all you can eat” session at either of Shangri-La’s Penang resorts.
Golden Sands Resort, Penang
- Superior Hill View Room : MYR600
- Deluxe Seafacing Room : MYR760
- Executive Sea View Room : MYR870
- Daily breakfast buffet at Garden Café for two
- One three-course set lunch at Garden Café for two
Terms and Conditions:
- A three-night minimum stay is required
- Daily room rates are subject to 10 per cent service charge and 6 per cent government tax
- The durian session is applicable for two people, from 3pm to 5 p.m., on the second day of the stay
- All benefits are on a per room, per stay basis
- At Golden Sands Resort, Penang a daily surcharge of MYR200 is applicable to the third person
- The third person surcharge at both resorts includes an extra bed, breakfast, one set lunch and one durian session
To book the Durian Package, please call the Reservations Department at (60 4) 888 8888 or e-mail email@example.com.
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently operates over 95 hotels with a room inventory of over 40,000. Shangri-La hotels are five-star deluxe properties featuring extensive luxury facilities and services. Shangri-La hotels are located in Australia, Canada, mainland China, Fiji, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Malaysia, Maldives, Mauritius, Mongolia, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar, Singapore, Sri Lanka, Sultanate of Oman, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, the United Arab Emirates and the United Kingdom. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in mainland China, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Malaysia, Myanmar, Saudi Arabia and Sri Lanka. For more information, please visit www.shangri-la.com