To promote the windsurfing sport, Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou, which opened at the end of 2012, presents the Windsurfing Experience Package, available from 1 May to 30 September 2013. The package starts at Rmb1,388 per room per night and includes the following:
- One night stay in a Deluxe Sea View Room with daily buffet breakfast (additional charge of Rmb245 per night applies for double occupancy
- Use of windsurf equipment for two hours
- Professional one-on-one windsurfing lesson (Rmb100 for every extra person)
- Transfer between the hotel and Xixiu Beach Windsurfing Centre
- One glass of signature cocktail at Lobby Lounge
- Access to the hotel gymnasium, indoor heated swimming pool, outdoor swimming pool, outdoor natural hot spring pool and steaming bath room
- 20% discount off on massages at CHI, The Spa at Shangri-La
The Xixiu Beach Windsurfing Centre, located at West Coast of Haikou city, is just a 10-minute drive from Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou. It is one of the best sailing board training bases in Asia. Its geographic conditions and natural resources, such as sub-tropical weather, stable wind-force, beach access and free of submerge reef, make it the perfect place for windsurfing activities, attracting both professional players and windsurfing aficionados.
Not only leisure travellers can enjoy this unique experience. Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou also incorporates this activity into the meeting package. Meeting or event attendees can opt for the windsurfing activity during their stay in the hotel. The Xixiu Beach Windsurfing Centre can cater a group of up to 50 persons.
“Sailing is a very exciting activity,” says Mr. Jordan Xu, general manager at Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou. “To sail in the spectacular blue sea is a dream of many people. It is not only good for health, but also can help the players to widen their mind and soul. We would like to see more and more people enjoy this water sport.”
The seaside Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou has 337 guest rooms and suites. Each room offers a sea view and Wi-Fi access. In the middle of the 10-storey U-shaped main building is a lush tropical garden spanning 30,000 square metres and connected to the beach. There are additional three buildings: the three-storey Grand Villa with seven suites and rooms; the 200-square-metre Hall of Splendour, which is a perfect venue for seaside weddings and cocktail receptions; and the two-storey Sirena, a restaurant specialising in Italian cuisine.
Aside from Sirena, food and beverage outlets include Shang Palace, cafe Kool, Lobby Lounge and Pool Bar. Shangri-La Hotel, Haikou offers a total of 2400 square metres of meeting and banquet space and comprehensive recreational facilities – outdoor natural hot springs, indoor heated swimming pool, children’s pool, steam bath room and many more.