Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo has been awarded the Integrated Management System (IMS) certification by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) after adding the ISO 9001 (Quality Management System) and ISO 14001 (Environment Management System) certifications to the ISO 22000 (Food Safety Management System) certificate it was awarded in 2009. Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo is the first hotel in Japan to receive authentication by TQCS International (TQCSI) as having achieved the international standard of IMS.
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo is dedicated to maintaining quality and a high-level of service to exceed guest expectations, including in the areas of high-quality food safety and environmental management.
The Swiss-based International Organization for Standardization (ISO), a non governmental organisation, is the world's largest developer of voluntary international standards. The organisation requires achievements in three categories before awarding the IMS. The evaluation was undertaken by TQCSI.
The three categories required for IMS award are:
Quality Management Measure:
• Ensure that all employees go through the necessary training to offer the highest possible professional service.
• Establish management objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) with periodic inspections to ascertain achievements.
• The management constantly ensures efficiency with discussions or examinations.
• The management advances and promotes the efficiency of work by employees and contractors.
• Efforts and assistance are made to ensure the adequate safety of guests.
• All employees and contractors are responsible for the quality of their own work.
Food Safety Management Measures:
• The arrangement of the Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point (HACCP), Good Manufacturing Process (GMP) as well as compliance with Good Hygiene Practice (GHP) is necessary to provide safety and the high quality of food.
• The international standards specify the requirements for an organisation to have a food safety management system in the food chain, with a food safety management team responsible for the execution of perfect food safety.
Environmental Management Measures:
• The hotel's business must ensure a satisfying response to customers' expectations for quality and service, in particular regarding all environmental effects generated by the hotel, reliable effective responses to waste management, energy consumption and sustainable ecology and to be proactive in corporate social responsibility (CSR).
In order to implement the practical use of the IMS international standard, Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo has committed to improvements in its management system manual to ensure the full and continuous integration of IMS.
"I believe that this great achievement shows that Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo holds with great sincerity and commitment the importance of operating the hotel in a sustainable manner with full consideration of the environment. I appreciate all of our team’s diligent practices concerning this process and we will be concentrating all our efforts to continue to improve the process to ensure that we always exceed the expectations of all our customers," said Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo's General Manager Jens Moesker.
Out of 72 properties owned and/or managed by Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts, Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong achieved ISO 14001, ISO 18001 and ISO 22000 to obtain the IMS certification in June this year, making Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo the second hotel in the group to achieve the standard.
In Japan, Shangri–La Hotel, Tokyo is the sole and first hotel to receive three ISO certifications and achieve the IMS integrated management certification.
About Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
The 202-room Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo is located adjacent to Tokyo Station, the capital’s only station with railway connections to all points in Japan. The hotel occupies the top 11 floors of the 37-floor mixed-use Marunouchi Trust Tower Main. The hotel’s dining facilities include Piacere, the Shangri-La group's signature Italian restaurant; Nadaman, which serves authentic Japanese kaiseki cuisine; and The Lobby Lounge. Japan's first CHI, The Spa, featuring ancient Chinese and Himalayan healing therapies, is located in the hotel and offers six treatment rooms that are the largest self contained spa suites in Tokyo.
Shangri-La Hotel, Tokyo
For further information, please contact the hotel at (81 3) 6739 7888, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.shangri-la.com.
香港を拠点とするシャングリ･ラ ホテルズ＆リゾーツは、「シャングリ･ラ」のブランド名で現在約90軒のホテルを世界で所有・運営し、総客室数37,000以上を有する、世界有数のホテルグループです。シャングリ・ラ ホテルは、5つ星のデラックスホテルで、高範囲にわたる高級施設やサービスを提供しています。シャングリ・ラ ホテルは、オーストラリア、カナダ、中国、フィージー、フランス、香港、インド、インドネシア、日本、マレーシア、モルジブ、モーリシャス、ミャンマー、フィリピン、シンガポール、オマーン、台湾、タイ、トルコ、アラブ首長国連邦およびイギリスに所在しています。現在当グループは、中国、香港、インド、モンゴル、ミャンマー、フィリピン、シンガポール、カタール、スリランカでプロジェクトが進行中です。ご予約やご質問等は各旅行代理店、またはwww.shangri-la.com/jp/