Summer Palace announced its collaboration with Dragonair to offer passengers a brand-new Chinese cuisine in-flight menu. Passengers taking Dragonair flights from Beijing to Hong Kong can enjoy the dishes from this newly introduced menu starting 16 May 2014.
The newly designed Chinese menu was created by Summer Palace at China World Hotel, Beijing. The award-winning restaurant is famous for its combination of classic Cantonese cuisine and light, creative Huaiyang cuisine. Summer Palace Chefs Kenny Chan and Hou Xinqing worked together to design a delicious menu for Dragonair.
Born in Hong Kong, the reputed birthplace of Cantonese cuisine, Chef Kenny grew up surrounded by the fresh flavours and complex tastes of Cantonese food. He has an in-depth understanding of the essence of Cantonese cuisine. Chef Hou is from Yangzhou, the origin of Huaiyang cuisine. After gaining over 20 years of culinary experience in Huaiyang cuisine, Chef Hou has acquired countless cooking techniques to create authentic Huaiyang dishes.
Chinese dishes at the brand-new in-flight menu are the most popular dishes at Summer Palace. Tomato Jelly with Goose Liver, a combination of Eastern and Western food elements, is known for its delicate and rich flavour. Braised Pork Soft Rib with Egg and Dark Soy Sauce is a renowned Huaiyang dish. The meat becomes succulent and tender after simmering in cooking wine with ginger and spring onion for two hours. Another highlight of the dish is the eggs, braised for hours in pork gravy that adds a special aroma.
More than 20 Chinese dishes made with carefully selected ingredients interpret the perfect combination of classic Cantonese cuisine and creative Huaiyang cuisine.
The Chinese menu will not only be offered in first class and business class, but also in economy class to enable all passengers to enjoy the delicious dishes from Summer Palace.
Summer Palace’s new Chinese in-flight menu includes:
- Tomato Jelly with Goose Liver
- Pork Terrine with Marinated Herb Cucumber
- Marinated Black Fungus and Beef Shank
- Marinated Smoked Sole Fish
- Dried Bean Curd Roll with Mushroom
- Shredded Chicken and Cucumber with Sesame Sauce
- Soup and Broth:
- Double Boiled Cordyceps Flower with Fish Maw Soup (summer)
- Doubled Boiled Ginseng Chicken and Fish Maw Soup (winter)
- Double Boiled Wild Mushroom and Bamboo Pith Soup (summer)
- Main Course:
- Pan-Seared Cod Fish with Thai Sauce Chicken Sauce
- Sautéed Scallop and Prawn with Black Bean Sauce
- Deep-Fried Pork Rib Meat with Guiyang Chilli Paste
- Stir-Fried Diced Beef with Black Pepper Sauce
- Steamed Chicken with Yannan Ham and Mushroom
- Sautéed Duck Meat with Satay Sauce
- Sautéed Pumpkin with Yam and Fungus
- Dessert and Cake:
- Double-Boiled Pear Crystallised Fruit with Chinese Herbs (winter)
- Double-Boiled Fresh Milk Almond Cream and Papaya (summer)
- Chilled Honey Osmanthus Jelly Pudding (summer)
- Main Course:
- Sautéed Prawns with Loangjing Tea Leaves
- Stir-fried Prawns and Scallop with Spicy Soya Sauce
- Steamed Sole fish with Dried Scallop Sauce
- Braised Pork Soft Rib with Egg and Dark Soy Sauce
- Stewed Hot and Spicy Beef Brisket
- Stir-fried Diced Beef Diced with Black Pepper Sauce
- Steamed Chicken with Yannan Ham & Mushroom
- Stir-fried Chicken with Shallots and Soya Sauce
- Roasted Duck Meat with Satay Sauce
- Main Course:
- Steamed Sole Fish with Dried Scallop Sauce
- Braised Seafood with Garlic Sauce
- Chinese-Style Stir-Fried Sliced Beef with Pineapple
- Sautéed Chicken with Mushrooms in Satay Sauce
- Stir-Fried Chicken Meat with Satay Sauce
- Sautéed Chicken Meat with Garlic Oyster Sauce
- Stir-Fried Sliced Pork with Preserved Vegetables
Summer Palace at China World Hotel, Beijing combines a classic Cantonese menu with light, creative Huaiyang cuisine. The restaurant will mark the debut of its private label by offering a signature selection of Chinese premium teas and culinary condiments. It also carries a designer sommelier series of elegantly packaged gourmet wine glasses available for purchase.