Love it or loathe it, the durian season has started. Aficionados of the thorny fruit can make a beeline for the pungent wonder at “all you can eat” durian sessions at Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang. The fruit - native to Balik Pulau, the rural heartland of Penang – is part of an accommodation offer available at the resorts from 1 May to 30 November, 2013. Datuk Jimmy Choo, the “King of Footwear” to royalty and celebrities and Tourism Ambassador of Malaysia, is an ardent fan of durian, Malaysia’s “King of Fruits.” When an invitation was extended to Datuk Jimmy Choo to inspect this season’s bumper harvest in Penang, his birthplace, he enthusiastically accepted and revealed a craving for the fruit when abroad.
With the Durian Package, guests can enjoy popular varieties of durian such as the Red Prawn, Hor Lor, Kung Poh, Ang Bak and Musang King at an “all you can eat” session at the resort.
Shangri-La’s Rasa Sayang Resort And Spa, Penang Durian Package Room Rate:
Deluxe Garden View Room : MYR 850
Deluxe Sea View Room : MYR 980
Rasa Superior Room : MYR 1,080
Rasa Premier Room : MYR1,830
- Daily breakfast buffet at Spice Market Café for two
- One three-course set lunch at Spice Market Café for two
Terms and Conditions:
- A three-night minimum stay is required
- Daily room rates are subject to 10 per cent service charge and 6 per cent government tax
- The durian session is applicable for two people, from 3pm to 5 p.m. on the second day of the stay
- All benefits are on a per room, per stay basis
- At Rasa Sayang Resort and Spa, Penang's Garden Wing rooms, a daily surcharge of MYR220 is applicable
- At the Rasa Wing rooms, a daily surcharge of MYR390 is applicable to the third person
- The third person surcharge includes an extra bed, breakfast, one set lunch and one durian session
- Rasa Wing guests can enjoy daily complimentary afternoon tea and cocktails
To book the Durian Package, please call the Reservations Department at (60 4) 888 8888 or e-mail reservations.RSR@shangri-la.com.