Sule Shangri-La, Yangon offers Chinese traditional mooncakes in a delectable variety of flavours handmade by Chinese Executive Chef Pang Siu Keung to celebrate the Mid-Autumn Festival, which falls on 8 September 2014.
Making and sharing mooncakes is one of the hallmark traditions of the Mid-Autumn Festival. In Chinese culture, a round shape symbolises completeness and unity. Sharing round mooncakes signifies the completeness and unity of family members, friends and colleagues, making them meaningful gifts.
At Sule Shangri-La, Yangon Chinese Executive Chef Pang Siu Keung creates an appetizing selection using traditional ingredients. These flavours include Red Bean Paste, Green Tea Paste, Pandan Paste and assorted Nuts with or without Egg Yolk.
Hong Kong White Lotus Seed Paste, Royal Custard Paste, Chocolate Paste, Durian Flavour and Honeydew are this year’s new mooncake varieties.
A special mooncake display counter is set up at the hotel lobby. Guests may also order mooncakes at the Gourmet Shop on the lobby level from 22 July to 9 September 2014.
From 22 July to 31 July 2014, the hotel offers an early purchase promotion of 25 percent discount on all mooncakes for a minimum purchase of 10 boxes.
Customers who purchase 10 boxes of mooncakes between 1 August to 9 September 2014 will receive one box extra as a complimentary gift.
All the mooncakes are lard-free and made from traditional and innovative recipes. Some of the flavours are available with egg yolk for an additional charges of US$ 2 per box. The variety of mooncakes available are as follows :
• Plain Mooncakes with Durian Paste (four pieces in a box) US$27 net
• Plain Mooncakes with Pandan Leaf (four pieces in a box) US$25 net
• Hong Kong White Lotus Seed Paste (four pieces in a box) US$26 net
• Plain Mooncakes with Red Bean Paste (four pieces in a box) US$24 net
• Green Tea Paste plain (four pieces in a box) US$26 net
• Plain Mooncakes with Assorted Nuts (four pieces in a box) US$26 net
• Royal Custard Paste (four pieces in a box) US$23 net
• Chocolate Paste (four pieces in a box) US$26 net
• Plain Mooncakes with Honeydew Paste (four pieces in a box) US$26 net
• Assorted Mooncakes (four pieces in a box) US$28 net
Orders may be placed by calling the Gourmet Shop at (95 1) 242 827, faxing to (95 1) 242 800, sending an email to email@example.com or purchasing directly at the moon cake display counter in the hotel lobby or at the Gourmet Shop.