Course Objectives / Description
Hospitality describes a social relationship – that of host and guest – that exists in all human societies. This subject is as intellectually valid as the study of any other field of human relations. At the Academy, we recognize that good hoteliers must be able to see beyond their immediate areas of work to seeing the larger picture and beyond. The good hotelier is well versed in standards and processes but certainly not lacking in imagination & creativity. Only then can he or she anticipate the needs of guests and meet, even exceed, their expectations each time with poise and grace.
After acquiring the ‘Can-Do’ mindset and personality at Advanced Hospitality Management Program I, candidates of Advanced Hospitality Management Program II will now undergo a comprehensive curriculum that includes core subjects in Hospitality operations and management including strategic thinking and leadership skills.
Learners will now not only appreciate the inter-connectedness of departments within the hotel but also seek qualitative and quantitative improvements to address the ever changing and unpredictable needs.
On completion of the program, learners would have acquired knowledge in the latest development of hospitality industry and be able to apply this new knowledge to be more efficient and effective – with specific reference to the Shangri-La model – in meeting the needs of its guest, in the smooth running of the hotel property and in earning a profit.
- Teambuilding through Experiential Learning
- Strategic Planning
- Operations Management
- Quality Management
- Service Management
- Marketing Management
- Financial Management
- Human Resources Management
- Management Project
Shangri-La's Senior Managment
International University Professors and Lecturers
Maximum Class Size
Minimum Class Size
Duration of Course
40 days of institutional learning at Shangri-La Academy
2-6 months on-the –job training at sending hotel
Completion of Management Project
- Graduates of Advanced Hospitality Management Program I
- Full time level 2 staff, Department Heads, Senior Service Managers, Minimum 1 year of relevant working experience in sending hotel;
- Enthusiastic, motivated and positive worker, good role model at workplace, identified for job rotation/expansion/promotion or possessing such potential;
- Above average competence in listening, spoken and written English as English will be the main language of instruction and all assignments are to be submitted in English.
Case Studies, on-the-job (OJT), and Management Project.