10 July 2013
In observance of the holy month of Ramadan, Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi and Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi have set themselves as the ultimate Ramadan destination, putting emphasis on charity with a unique partnership with the UAE Red Crescent over exciting room packages and culinary offers.
As one of the pillars of Islam, charity or zakat promotes the sharing of wealth with the less fortunate and helping them become productive members of the society. Aside from being the revered month of fasting, Ramadan encourages the practice of charitable giving. This year’s Ramadan witnesses the groundbreaking initiative of the two Abu Dhabi properties in an unprecedented partnership with Red Crescent. Founded out of the will to strengthen local charitable work, volunteerism and unity in 1983, the UAE Red Crescent actively organises awareness programs and first aid, protection and control of epidemics, and attention to social issues and humanitarian assistance, among many others.
Working together for the first time with Red Crescent this Ramadan, the capital’s Shangri-La and Traders hotels offer the following initiatives, reaffirming commitment to their social responsibility:
- Ramadan Package: AED620++ for a Deluxe Room at Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi or AED300++ for a Superior Room at Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi, including in-room Suhour, shuttle service to Grand Mosque for Taraweeh Prayer and respective AED50 and AED30 donations for every room booked
- Red Crescent money boxes in public areas and cash envelopes in restaurant bill folders for monetary donations
- Clothing donations by hotel employees for Red Crescent charitable institutions
In addition, Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi and Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi are inviting guests to celebrate Ramadan with the following culinary offers:
- Grand Iftar at Sofra bld, Shangri-La Hotel – Priced at AED199++ per person and includes Ramadan beverages; available from sunset onwards
- Suhour at the Arabesque Tent, Shangri-La Hotel – Minimum charge of AED85++ per person for food and beverage only; available from 8pm onwards; guests are asked to drop their name cards when dining for a chance to win weekly prizes including return flights with Etihad Airways and stays at Shangri-La hotels in Asia
- Sumptuous Iftar at Afya, Traders Hotel – Priced at AED130++ per person and includes Ramadan beverages; available from sunset onwards; guests are asked to drop their name cards when dining for a chance to win weekly prizes including return flights with Etihad Airways and stays at Traders hotels in Asia
“This revered time of the year presents a wonderful opportunity for us not only to be the choice Ramadan destination but also to partake in the spirit of charitable giving,” said General Manager Arbind K. Shrestha. “Working in partnership for the first time with the UAE Red Crescent for our less fortunate brothers and sisters is indeed our pleasure, and we are looking forward to a fruitful result out of this exclusive collaboration.”
For restaurant reservations, please contact Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi on (971 2) 509 8555 or Traders Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi on (971 2) 510 8818. For the Ramadan Package, contact Room Reservations at (971 2) 509 8630 or visit www.shangri-la.com
Hong Kong-based Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts currently owns and/or manages 98 hotels under the Shangri-La brand, with a room inventory of over 40,000. Traders hotels cater to today's savvy and passionate traveller with brilliant simplicity and warm sincerity. They provide a friendly yet professional environment designed to complement guests at work, rest or play. Based in major business centres in Asia and the Middle East, Traders Hotels are the practical choice for business and leisure travellers.
Traders Hotels are located in Abu Dhabi, Beijing, Changzhou and Kuala Lumpur. The group has a substantial development pipeline with upcoming projects in mainland China, Cambodia, India, Myanmar, Philippines, Qatar and Sri Lanka. For more information and reservations, please contact a travel professional or access the website at www.tradershotels.com.